Translation of 1inch media

I would like to gauge the interest for having the 1inch website, documentation and media output translated to more languages. Communicating in someones mother tongue is an inclusive act that will facilitate adoption, invites trust and exposes 1inch to a wider market.

I suggest that we create a model for what is to be translated and how to fund and reward translators to make the work fair and expectation predictable.

What to translate:
1inch.exchange
Medium posts
Any news letters or how-to guides

Please add your suggestions as to which information is most important to translate.

Partial translation can lead to loss of trust which is another reason why I believe that a formalized structure would be helpful.

In case you have experience translating or are willing to proof-read, please let us know which language pairs you translate. I translate SWE-ENG, ENG-SWE.

It would be useful to track usage of translated material but I would have to ask for help with any technical implementation.

12 Likes

You are 100$ correct

There would likely be a bounty necessary to facilitate this. IIRC that’s how most projects handle this issue

edit. 1inch is partnered with Gitcoin which is a bounty network for posting bounties just for things like this

6 Likes

1inch is partnered with Gitcoin which is a bounty network for posting bounties just for things like this

How does that work? How do we set that up for a localization proposal?

2 Likes

I am for this, a large portion of the cryptosphere live outside of English speaking nations.

4 Likes

yep. of course it depends on bounty ))
I translate: EN-RU
Can invite friend of mine to do Deutch translation

3 Likes

Hey
I manage big translators group (top 10 popular langauges). If there will be bounty for translations , let me know, will be glad to work on that regard.

3 Likes

Great! Which languages?

2 Likes

Russian, German, Portuguese (Brasil), French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, Korean, Japanese (and Swedish if needed)

4 Likes

I would like to translate pages into Spanish, Portuguese and French… Please let me know if possible, since I am fluent in all three. I would like to work on that and get paid in 1inch!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

here an example of why it is necessary to not only translate but also adapt the UI so it would be accessible to everyone, even guys like me. I’m a neewbee in dexes avec en plus quelques cryptos que je souhaiterais voir fructifier.

3 Likes

Hello dear 1inch representant,

I write articles for a living and I am available to translate ENG-PT and ENG-BR.

Kind regards

3 Likes

I am available to translate EN-ID

2 Likes

我来自中国,非常喜欢1linch,我希望有中文网站,让更多的中国人使用这个产品!如果有一些公众号和微信群就更好了。中国有14亿多的人口,这是非常大的流量入口!

2 Likes

I have seen enough signals of interest from translators to take this to the next step. I have reached out to @Natalia and hope to bring your attention to this topic.
I suggest that we start a working group to organize translation & localization bounties and communication with devs and 1inch content creators. We also need to work out allocation of funds.

3 Likes

As I have received no feedback or response other than people signalling their interest to translate, I’m backing off. I can’t see a clear path to a sustained effort at translating 1inch material if communication around how to structure and fund the effort won’t even begin. I’d be happy to contribute in case this changes.

2 Likes

Did you ever hear from @Natalia ?
I live in Japan, and have been suggesting my friends start doing this. There are no swapping/defi websites that offer Japanese localization, and I would be very happy to help get that going. Perhaps we can get an official proposal happening through governance. Any bigger 1Inch holders on board with this?

4 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I would very much like to get going but the governance process isn’t entirely clear to me. We could have a proposal pass through two levels of discussion and voting but to avoid friction I would prefer to have a discussion with the 1inch team and devs to coordinate the vision first. Maybe that isn’t required at all and their time is better spent elsewhere, I put no judgement in Natalia not getting back to me as I don’t know anything about her situation.

2 Likes

@Nakamomo6 Just get this thing to STAGE 1 or STAGE 2 . Start Votes , Mods will come anyway once we reach into a solid discussion after it get labelled with those TAGS .

So Act Now …

1 Like

I know this topic is stale, but I’d like to ask feedback from the community, how are the new translation? (changeable in the app.1inch.io settings)

2 Likes

I am here to amplify the @Belac 's comment.
First of all we appreciate your interest in helping us with localizations, we opted for the professional agency to do that job for us but would love to hear your feedback on the final (relatively :sweat_smile:) result.
Reach out to us if you find some inaccuracies or want to suggest improvements.

Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes