Remove the positive slippage fee for 1inch stakers

1inch has a dominant position by volume among aggregators of exchangers (75%+).
The second most popular and main competitor - Matcha and 0x protocol (15%-20%).

Matcha and 0x always transfers the positive slippage to the user. 1inch transfers 100% positive slippage in to treasury.

I suppose if 1inch give 0 positive slipage fee to loyal users, it will allow to gain even more users (who will come from matcha/0x).

How to determine the loyal users:
Option1: if the user stacked a certain number of tokens 1inch on each blockchain.

But since ~20%-30% of treasure trove revenue comes from low-cost blockchains, we also need to figure out how to identify loyal users in networks where there is no stacking. It may be necessary to roll out staking contracts in each network.

Determining the number of staked tokens required is a difficult task. If you divide all the income by the number of users, then I got these approximate values of the average user’s income:
Polygon’s user: $3.21
Mainnet’s user: $7.55

This is approximate data, but apparently we should conclude that the number of staked tokens not be very different from the average income.
I assume that for each blockchain, the $20 requirement is sufficient (30+ inch). But it’s better to have a vote on what limit is needed.

Pros:

1. Great demand for the 1inch token and real utility for token. Increase in the number of users and swaps volumes.

Cons:

1. If a user swaps tokens frequently and in large volume, it is very profitable for them to stash a small number of tokens. The 1inch treasury, on the other hand, will receive less money.

Option2: Remove the positive slippage fee for small swap transactions up to $1k or $5k (random numbers). It is necessary to study in which price ranges income is insignificant, and sacrifice it to attract new users.
And make the steaking requirement much larger, e.g. stake 1k+ $1inch (because the whales will need it).

Pros:

1. Great demand for the 1inch token and real utility for token. Increase in the number of users and swaps volumes.

Cons:

1. The 1inch treasury, on the other hand, will receive less money.
1 Like