Help with first swap, nothing happening

Hi guys, very confused what’s going on, trying to do my first token swap. So i went to the 1inch.io home page, selected trueusd → dai trading pair, linked my wallet, gave permission and clicked on swap token button, paid the gas price from my wallet in ether.

but nothing is happening, it’s been 10 minutes, i still see trueusd in my wallet, and no dai. Not sure how to even check what’s going on, it’s very confusing. Appreciate any help on what’s happening and how to check. Coming from regular exchanges like coinbase / binance where transaction are near instant, this is very strange.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. This transaction was likely a successful approval or “unlock” which is required before completing a swap. It requires gas fees but does not actually move any tokens as it is only granting the smart contract access to your funds.

Once the tokens are approved you should be able to complete the swap (which requires gas fees as well). These approvals are a security feature for all decentralized exchanges (like Uniswap, Sushiswap, Pancakeswap etc.), and make it so a smart contract cannot interact with your wallet without permission.

Also, here is a great step-by-step guide on the entire swapping process:
https://help.1inch.io/en/articles/4585153-how-to-exchange-assets-with-1inch-network