Cross-chain swaps

I understand this topic was raised a lot of times, but can’t resist giving it one more try… The idea is to use 1inch token for cross-chain swaps (something like anyswap do with their token) for any eth-compatible networks. To achieve this 1inch could collaborate with Near protocol on extending rainbow bridge to cover all eth-compatible networks (well, at least bsc / near / avalanche / harmony). Bridge will be used under the hood to move 1inch tokens between chains but for user experience could be like this:

1. Select source chain
  2. Select target chain
  3. Select how much 1inch tokens to be migrated
  4. Exec transaction
  5. Tokens moved to the same wallet but on a target chain

On each chain 1inch would also have chain-specific pools (like 1inch/eth or 1inch/bnb which are already available) allowing to make use of migrated 1inch tokens.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

Doing swaps with one foot on polygon and one on Ethereum seems like such an easy win (for users though I am sure its hard to code). It probably would need to use some kind of internal AMM with Weth and wbtc on Ethereum and Polygon. So you need a front end on polygon (check) on ethereum (Check) and internal AMMS (check). I have been searching for the group thats doing this, but 1inch seems so close. To truly dominate i think you will need front ends on Optimism as well.

Post dip I am rethinking exchanges and defi and I think this might be the time people move from AMMs to aggregators. i would love to see 1inch lead the way.